Animal ER Care, a rapidly growing and expanding VECCS II and AAHA-accredited emergency practice with multiple locations in the Pikes Peak area, is seeking a credentialed Technicians experienced in emergency and critical care to join our growing practice.
Our flagship practice is located within the Veterinary Specialty Center (VSC), a busy 24-hour small animal specialty hospital fully equipped with endoscopy, bronchoscopy, digital radiology, multiple surgical suites with ventilators, ultrasound, CT scan, and therapeutic laser. AERC’s emergency doctors practice progressive medicine and are supported by and work closely with many of our board certified veterinary specialists within the VSC: internal medicine, orthopedic surgery, soft tissue surgery, physical rehabilitation, dermatology, and dentistry. Our second location is operating during the day with a goal of being 24/7 by summer 2023.
We are seeking highly-skilled Technicians who are passionate about emergency triage:
Client Advocate (CA) - our triage technician's primary responsibilities are patient assessment and client service, with an emphasis on client education. The CA position is an essential part of the front of the hospital team and must work closely with the Client Care Professional (CCP). The CA will perform an initial assessment of the patient’s stability, obtain vital signs, prioritize patients appropriately in the triage line (based on criticality), educate clients, present estimates and be a liaison between the client and DVM, when appropriate.
We are seeking individuals who are knowledgeable, able to multitask, strive for excellence, and have a desire to be a part of a high-performing team. Advance knowledge of disease processed and advanced critical thinking skills also required.
A minimum of 7 years as a Vet Tech and/or 5+ years in Emergency medicine and an increased responsibility skill set is required.
If you are looking to challenge yourself professionally and be part of a team advancing veterinary medicine into the future, then AERC is the place for you.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts
- Compassion for working with clients & animals
- Able to remain composed during times of high stress and medical crisis
- Excellent communication skills and approach-ability
- Excels in a team oriented environment and works well with all levels of hospital team members
- Physical Effort: Position requires solo lifting and carrying animals up to 50 pounds; when lifting or carrying patients heavier than 50 pounds two or more staff members is required. You must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Some patients may require restraint on the floor, therefore must be able to be in a bent position for a long period of time. Must be able to move swiftly during an emergency.
- Working Conditions: May be exposed to physical harm such as bites, scratches, and contagious diseases; and will be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises, & animals.
Animal ER Care offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, company paid life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid Vacation and Sick Leave plus a balanced work schedule.