Animal ER Care, a rapidly growing and expanding VECCS II and AAHA-accredited emergency practice within the Veterinary Specialty Center (VSC), is seeking a credentialed Assistants experienced in emergency and critical care to join our growing practice.
Our flagship practice is located within the Veterinary Specialty Center (VSC), a busy 24-hour small animal specialty hospital fully equipped with endoscopy, bronchoscopy, digital radiology, multiple surgical suites with ventilators, ultrasound, CT scan, and therapeutic laser. AERC’s emergency doctors practice progressive medicine and are supported by and work closely with many of our board certified veterinary specialists within the VSC: internal medicine, orthopedic surgery, soft tissue surgery, physical rehabilitation, dermatology, and dentistry. A second location is opening in the Fall of 2022.
We are seeking a detail oriented Inventory Assistant: The Inventory Assistant position will provide support to the Inventory department, including tasks related to counting, unpacking and receiving inventory, reconciling controlled drug logs, tracking and moving back stock to active stock and additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience in inventory field, veterinary field preferred.
- Ability to multitask and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- Has compassion for working with clients and animals
- Ethical integrity and professionalism
- Can remain composed during times of high stress and medical crisis
- Excellent communication skills and approachability
- Excels in a team-oriented environment and works well with all levels of hospital team members
- An analytical mind with strong attention to detail.
Physical Effort: You must be able to stand for extended periods of time. May require bending, squatting, reaching and standing on ladders to count inventory in high and low locations. Must be able to lift up to 30lbs, packages above 30lbs may require another staff member to assist.
Working Conditions: Will be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises, & animals.
- Inventory -
- Responsible for completing a physical count of inventory as listed on the weekly order sheet, being mindful of low items even if not on the count list and ensuring stock is organized (i.e. in correct place, forward facing, soonest to expire first, etc).
- Responsible for unpacking the main order weekly, documenting receipt (date and initial each invoice, confirming every item was received), recording expirations dates and lot #’s as applicable, stocking items in designated location and ensuring soonest-to-expire stock is in front.
- Record (“Receive”) inventory in EzyVet at least weekly.
- Stocking active stock with backstock (once rolled out)
- Reconcile Expiration Dates each month
- Reconcile Blood Products weekly
- Controlled Drug Log Maintenance/Reconciling -
- Responsible for reconciling the controlled drug logs, ensuring missed charges and logs are corrected, writing up new drug logs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.